Episode 008: Show Notes
On today's episode, Marissa invites Rudy Caseres to talk about his mental health journey and how he has turned his experiences with mental illness into a mental health advocacy business.
LOVING THE PODCAST?
Subscribe below to receive an email every time a new episode is released.
By entering your email below, you're opting in to receive an email from yours truly once a week. You'll become part of the Shining From The Shadows Collective and will get behind the scenes access to what's happening on the show, what's new on the site, a weekly book recommendation, and MY FAVORITE PART... the opportunity to be featured in the next newsletter!
So what are you waiting for?! Go subscribe!
Subscribe to Shining From The Shadows on iTunes to make sure you catch EVERY episode and don't forget to leave a review!
During the show we talk about...
- How no daily routine is Rudy's daily routine
- Tips to prepare your business for those bad mental health days
- Rudy's positive coping mechanisms for when depression kicks in
- How Rudy landed into the mental health advocacy world
- How relapse shaped Rudy's perspective on mental health advocacy
- What we both love about the mental health advocate world
- Examples of resistance you may face when deciding to become a mental health advocate and sharing your story
- The mental health stigma and self-stigmatization
- When starting your business it's imperative to amplify your talents, focus on what you love, and have patience
- Rudy's top three mental health advocates and why he loves what they're doing
- Remembering that if you're upsetting people, you're doing good at your advocacy work because that means you're getting your unique voice to a multitude of different people with different opinions.
Things we mentioned...
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to Shining From The Shadows on iTunes and Stitcher!
BONUS POINTS IF YOU LEAVE A REVIEW :)
Rudy Caseres is an award-winning public speaker, writer, and vlogger who shares his story of living with bipolar. He has traveled the country to work with the National Alliance on Mental Illness, Mental Health America, Project Semicolon, and the American Association of Suicidology. His content has been featured on The Mighty, This is My Brave, Wear Your Label, The S Word, and HealthyPlace. Rudy has proudly lived in San Pedro, CA his entire life.